All Ideas are not created equal because all markets are not created equal. 'Market' is a very important thing to consider when
Why does it seem easier for women to walk away from a job, business or career when faced with deep personal and emotional issues. E.g A relationship with a co-worker goes south, a male colleague breaks up with her and maybe starts seeing another colleague and the brokenhearted woman
Absolutely no one has money lying on the floor waiting for you to pick it up. There is no free money anywhere. Even grants aren’t free money. You have to do something to get money, even free money.
... It looked like an expensive place but it wasn’t intimidating at all. There was soft jazz like music playing in the background and this helped give the ambience a warm and welcoming feel all together
Its been a while since I have produced any form of content for my blog and for those who got used to reading what I had to say, I'm sorry with 'cherries on top' for falling off the consistency wagon. After much reflection I can truly say I have located the root cause of
According to Sam, before Wal-Mart became a Multi-billion dollar company, when they only had five stores, they spent only 2% of their sales revenue on their costs.
Finding a business idea worth pursuing is usually the easy part; finding the funds to get that idea off the ground is the barrier most entrepreneurs have to cross.
The turnout for the event was great; It was a day-long workshop with about 7 speakers. In spite of the fact that AgriHUB had no corporate sponsors for the MAY workshop, she still charged N500 less than what Leap Africa...
"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even."
What I will get however is another call to convene at another venue and a requirement to cough up upwards of N5,500 for another 'impact-full' conference. (not to forget the ever so charming text message sent to me by Leap Africa 'hoping' I learnt something but refusing to ask me the participant for feedback which can help make next years conference better for all the stakeholders.
Everyone sees COZA now, LED lights, a world-class auditorium in her Abuja HQ, world-class hospitality and they forget that COZA wasn’t always like this
Even if the Obe sauce is fantastically designed and packaged, with great marketing and easy accessibility, the moment of truth boiled down to 'taste'
Also, heavier objects or products like 'yam tuber' can be placed on the product, to see its impact on the packaged product. Checking if a waterproof packaging is actually waterproof, by submerging the product under water is also a good idea.
There are many people who want to run their own business but do not have all the skills/money required to start and grow the business. Some have 101 Nigerian business ideas but do not have all the people required to execute them;
82. Tech/Healthcare: One of the most annoying things about going to a hospital is having to wait for a long time to see a doctor and/or being told that the doctor you want to see is not available. How about creating a platform that enables patients to see the schedule of their doctors and book their appointments.
72. Dating site: Many young Nigerians are not strangers to continual pressure from parents to get married. While people in the West have not been subject to this kind of pressure, they have been able to create dating platforms that make it easier to meet people.
54. Food/Confectionery: The last time I checked, Nigeria was still a producer of Cocoa. Cocoa is the main ingredient for chocolate. We should start producing our own chocolates rich in cocoa and stop patronizing these big international brands that do not produce authentic quality chocolate.
44. Tech/Events: Many Nigerian wedding invitations are designed for physical printing; after the event the card is tossed in the bin. Physical prints aren't the only option. A platform can be created that allows the couple to design their own wedding e-invitation card
36. Education: The days are long gone when the only place a person can learn is in the confines of a physical classroom. There are many online educational channels where people can learn all manner of subjects. You can own your own online school and avoid all the administrative, regulatory and financial requirements that come with opening a physical educational establishment.
...This is where the solution comes in an online directory for handy technical works. where this is different from yellow pages directory is the customer review/evaluation part...
Entrepreneurship is all about providing solutions that make people's life's a little easier. Who says you can't have money off simple ideas?
In finding a Co-Founder, find someone willing to take the kinds of risk you are willing to. (I definitely can relate to this: Shout out to Lola, the only one who comfortable scaled school with me to source for sponsors, #2010LawFair; and to my Jcooks #Asisterneverforgets)
According to Sam, all his children "worked in the stores, invested in the stores and shopped in the stores". As his children grew older, he gave then a choice whether to work for Wal-Mart or not...
... the caliber of businesses we are churning out, especially in the food and drink industry would be an improvement on the previous generation. That we are not just concerned about selling a product to a customer, but selling an experience, albeit an unforgettable experience.
Agriculture! Agriculture! Agriculture! Everyone and their grandmother is talking about Agriculture as Nigeria’s answer to the very ‘oilly’ mess we’ve gotten ourselves into...
These 10 rules highlighted by Sam Walton are rules he summed up at the latter part of his life, when reflecting on what worked for him when building Walmart. Below are the Rules:
... having the right people in the right job when they were needed the most has marked Wal-Mart’s history...
He is known as one of the greatest American entrepreneurs, and through M.I.A, Sam shared many life stories from his Wal-Mart journey that contributed to the growth of Wal-Mart from one (1) store on 7th July, 1962 to one thousand nine hundred and sixty (1,960) stores at the time of his death in April 1992.
Hotels.ng’s cost structure is not unlike most other startup companies. Her costs include legal fees (which include: one-off company registration fee, rent, legal/contractual agreements), office fixtures, utilities, and staff salaries (which is the biggest cost driver for Hotels.ng).