The ‘101 Nigerian Business Ideas series’ continues. Find below ideas #71-80 which covers ideas like buying/renting wedding gowns, sausage production and owning a franchise.
Let the Ideas Continue:
71. Retail/Franchise: The beautiful thing about franchises is that with enough money, you can actually be the proud owner of a KFC restaurant or any other chain that want to expand their brand using a franchise model.
72. Dating site: Many young Nigerians are not strangers to continual pressure from parents to get married. While people in the West have not been subject to this kind of pressure, they have been able to create dating platforms that make it easier to meet people. While it is possible to create a general dating website in Nigeria (they already exist) I recommend that anyone going into this space should establish a niche dating online platform.
73. Manufacturing: We use a lot of Nylons in Nigeria, Nylon production is a great idea, especially the heavy-duty bin bags big enough to fit those popular green bins in people’s houses. With these bin bags, the inside of the green bins can be kept clean.
74. Retail/fashion: For many people (especially women) their wedding day is the biggest days of their life. Many plan to get married just once, however, so much money is spent on the attires worn on the day that it could be argued the whole thing is a waste (unless there is a financial return on that investment). A platform can be created for people to sell/loan out their wedding dresses for cash.
75. Services: While I know this is a very funny idea, there is definitely nothing new under the sun. I will get right to it: a Platform to hire picture perfect groomsmen, bridesmaids and flower girls.
76. Tech: A Price comparison site is something we definitely need in many sectors of the economy. As competition increases and many players serve the same market, many customers will need price comparison sites to help them decide which services to use/patronise.
77. Entertainment: If you are thinking of a career in comedy, you can produce short comedy skits and upload it online.
78. Food production: Nigeria is a country that eats a lot of red meat and chicken, and I am surprised that we still sell a lot of imported sausages in our supermarkets. We can produce our own sausages.
79. Tech/Travel: With travel, sometimes ‘more people traveling together means each person pays less overall’. This is because there are many discount offers for travelers travelling as a group. A platform can be created that enables strangers (travelling to the same place around the same time) plan trips together as a group (a travel community)
80. Tech/Service: Many more women are working full-time jobs in addition to their position as full-time housewives. There is little time to go to the market and buy food stuff in bulk. Although there are companies (online/offline) already offering the service of going to the market for you, it won’t hurt to have more players in the market foodstuff delivery space.
If you have an idea that you believe will be a good addition to the list, you can send an email to email@example.com or leave a comment via the contact tab above with your name and the idea you want to share, and I will publish it along with the next series. Cheers
Start and Stay inspired. Together we can make Nigeria great.
- How to work for yourself by Bryan Cohen. 6 Important Takeaways - August 30, 2022
- Facebook, Instagram, and Whatsapp Downtime and What Businesses Should Know - October 5, 2021
- 7 Powerful Business Lessons From The Romance Novel – ‘A Chance Awakening’ - July 1, 2020